A dance piece for four dancers in which the humor that arises from the handling of the scenographic material, and the interest in the barely controllable physical energy emerging from anger, unite in a bizarre way and thus create a fairytale-like world of images.
The principle force of this piece is tension. We are going to play with you by diving deep into subjective experiences of strong emotions and then pull you out with humoresque situations keeping you on top of everything that is happening in front of you.
How do we reflect about the fact that we are part of an „angry society“ where violence is part of our daily lives? Through coping with expressive and disturbing, yet captivating scenes, EXPLOSION is triggering the process of spectators inner reflection on the topic. Do you enjoy being angry? Do you find people in amok bizarre or even funny? Do anger and violence scare you? Is it all too much to digest at the same time?
EXPLOSION addresses the contemporary phenomenon of living in an „angry society.“ Due to the constant stimulation from the environment, inner and outer tensions accumulate, so that the explosion seems to be the only way out.
- Alica Minárová
- Matouš Hejl
- Caroline Alexander, Evgenia Chetvertkova, Lauri Lohi, Xenia Vlachou Kogchylaki
Stage design and costumes:
- Claudia Gali
- Raquel Rosildete
- Henning Bochert und Ensemble
Assistant of choreographer:
- Lenka Vořechovská
Assistance of production
- Alžběta Konečná
- Wanda Golonka, Christiane Berger
- Lukas Matthaei, Sandra Umathum
- Holytropic films
Editing and colourgrading:
- Alicja Hoppel
Sound recording and sound mixing:
- Etienne Haan
- Vojtech Brtnicky, Alicja Hoppel
Special thanks to:
- Thomas Schaupp, Constant Goddard, Lara Gallagher, Joséphine Auffray, Heidi Horňáčková, Claire Crescini, Saida Makhmudzade, A.PART Festival, Tannen-Paradies GmbH
Final work at:
- MA Choreography, Inter-University Centre for Dance Berlin (HZT)
- HZT Berlin, Deutscher Bühnenverein, Deutschlandstipendium, International Festival Zero Point Prague